Sandwich panels are composite materials produced of two dyed Galvanized or
Aluminium corrugated plates filled (with PIR, PUR, Rock wool) for thermal insulation.
Also, Used as coating materials in the roof, wall and internal partition or cold rooms of the
buildings, sandwich panels provide a quite high level of thermal, water, sound
insulation; prevent moisture condensation. In addition, they are distinguish with
their bearing capacity as well. Because, The bearing capacity of the sandwich panel depends on
the density, thickness of its filling material and the form of its metal surfaces.
Sandwich panel is an economical solution when assessed within the context of cost-
How are Sandwich panels install on a wall or a roof?
Moreover, Sandwich panels are easy and quick to install. Therefore, From practical experience, installing 600 m2 of sandwich panels takes approximately 8 hours for a proficient construction crew.
The steps to install wall and roof sandwich panel are as follows:
1. Especially, The construction materials are delivere to the site: the delivery includes sandwich panels, the subframe components (cold-form shapes), and accessories (including flashing, fasteners, gaskets, seals, etc.). Because, Balex Metal can provide all the components require to complete the installation process.
2. The materials deliver by the carrier are unload with construction handling equipment.
3. The subframes are assemble, and install with beams, posts, and purlins.
4. The protective film is remove from the sandwich panel.
5. The sandwich panel are fasten to the subframe structural members using suitable fasteners.
6. The joints between the sandwich panel are seal and the flashing is install.
How many screws do I need to fasten a sandwich panel? Moreover, This is the most common question from customers at the project preparation stage. Additionally, A rough estimate is 1.1 fasteners per square meter of sandwich panel. Finally, The actual number, spacing, and layout depend on the decision of the project design engineer and/or the construction material supplier.